My Experience and Approach
Working as a Doula since 2009, and Acupuncturist since 2006
Clients often say they love the Connection
It’s usually because of our conversations. I take your whole body – your whole health – seriously. I see no point in just looking at the area of your body that hurts, or is causing a problem.
As a doula I want to understand what is that you want, and work with you to achieve that. Your birth means your choice. I may ask you questions to help you explore areas you haven’t yet considered, or even knew existed!
Understanding what’s going on for you and how you use your body is key to getting those long-term results as an acupuncturist. I incorporate the use of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diet, exercise and lifestyle advice making sure you get the best possible outcome in the shortest timeframe.
Understanding what’s really going on means first talking to you
Asking some questions and listening carefully.
This means reading between the lines, and really gaining a deep understanding of what it is that you want from your birth, and how I can help you achieve it.
- Certified Labour Doula – 2010
- Certified Trainer for Childbirth International- 2011
- Diploma Childbirth Education – 2013
- Post Partum Doula – 2014
- Certified Breastfeeding Counsellor – 2014
Completed through the Australian College of Natural Medicine (now known as Endeavour College) completing courses at both Melbourne and Brisbane campuses:
- Bachelor Health Science (Acupuncture) -2005
- 2 x Advanced Diploma Health Science (Acupuncture)- 2004, 2007
- Certificate IV Remedial Massage (Oriental Massage)- 2003